Saturday, May 25, 2013

When Tyranny Took My Best Friend, A Lesson for the Class of 2013

“I was seventeen years old when the Germans invaded Poland. My father and my eighteen-year-old brother Benny were among the first group of Jews to be rounded up and then executed in the town prison. “I saw my best friend Sarah being raped by German soldiers. As a result of this brutality she died… Fifty years later, I still cannot forget the scenes of incredible brutality, torture and killing that my eyes witnessed. The same questions repeat themselves over and over again after all these years: Why? Why were so many people killed and why did the world choose to remain silent?”

2 comments:

John said...

I wonder if we have learned anything. Sure, some have but will it be enough?
I see a parallel between the savagery and oppression of Nazi Germany and today's Muslim ideology. Obviously there are a few differences but I reference the blindness of our politically correct government and the blind eye so many had as the Nazis grew in power. Hitler's Nazis were tolerated too long. Muslims never speak or act to counter the savage animals in their midst. It makes them seem to be little more than part of that herd.

Ryan C said...

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"